Azure Website using AngularJS getting Unknown provider: $modalProvider

While updating an ASP.NET MVC website running Angular I ran across a $Modal issue and the error was Unknown provider: $modalProvider <- $modal.  In order to fix this issues I had to change the $Modal inject to $uiModal, which was due to a naming change in the angular-ui-bootstrap framework.

The framework is located at: https://angular-ui.github.io/bootstrap

BizTalk 2010 (and earlier versions) namespace gotcha

I have not been able to find a post or get a true explanation on “reserved words” in BizTalk; however there are a few you should stay away from.  I have personally tested these.

You should refrain from using “BTS” or “EDI” anywhere in your namespace to avoid namespace property look-up issues.

I will be posting more about this as I work through the public version of BizTalk 2010 on Oct. 1, 2010.

One Way to Solve Collection Validation in Silverlight 3

In one of my current projects I used Datagrid’s with RowDetail forms for editing the ItemSource collection.  This created  a unique issue with exception throwing from the entities so the form will provide immediate response to the user.  This became very difficult to accomplish with the fact that the entities were provided by WCF (the Domain Service – we are not using RIA).   Now the issue is that the WCF ONLY provides the implementation of the entity and not the entity itself, so in short terms no exception is thrown to the UI; however we would receive the general service fault exception from the service.

To overcome this I used the shared entity model and included them in both the Silverlight frontend and WCF backend.  Now this is great solution; however if the user does not enter the form field well no instant feedback.

So for this opportunity, I created a .Validate method on the object and had it produce an error collection as well as return a true/false.

This option now allowed me to validate the object in ItemSource collection, so now the application can bulk save and evaluate the collection of data rather than one field at a time.

I will post an example of this process in the near future as well as how to do it.